It is common to ask us the age of your Louis Vuitton trunk,
even if it has little impact on the value of the baggage . Indeed, too old trunks, of archaic manufacture , have less value than a more modern trunk, more technically and aesthetically accomplished .
The date is often the starting point of a quest, in search of its history and its origins .
We reveal 6 tips for dating your old Louis Vuitton luggage :
To fight against the copies of the competition, Louis Vuitton has never ceased to develop the induction of its canvas.
- Striped woven canvas
- The canvas with checkerboard stencils
- The famous woven LV monogram canvas
- LV stencil canvas
- Plain Vuittonite canvas
- LV PVC coated canvas
These different manufacturing and typography ( Mark ) processes allow the paintings and therefore the luggage to be dated precisely .
Each trunk has its own identification number .
Thanks to Louis Vuitton archive records, the serial number is a simple way to find out the year and month of manufacture and sale of your trunk.
However, it is regularly illegible or has disappeared.
On the locks in brass key number is stamped.
The number is specific to a customer and allows its owner to
redo edit a key in case of loss.
It is a way to know the time of manufacture of a trunk, even if there are special cases.
The engraving on the lock and the brass clasps has evolved over the years.
At the beginning there was nothing, Then the address of the shops, with on certain elements the initials LV
And finally still used today the LV logo in a circle.
The inside label of a trunk is a wealth of information. The design of this one has not stopped evolving.
- The first were large format on which the serial number was stamped
- the following, colored , in a smaller format and the serial number stamped next to the canvas.
- Then with an open window on the canvas , showing the serial number printed on this canvas and accompanied by more or less information.
- Some will be golden
- To become today very simple Beige plastic or leather labels without any other information than the name Louis Vuitton and serving as a support for the serial number.
Engraved on brass hardware such as locks , handles but also on the interior labels show the addresses of Louis Vuitton boutiques.
Thanks to these addresses and their opening and closing dates, we can date your Louis Vuitton luggage .
As you can imagine there are a multitude of special cases , but thanks to the cross - checking of all this information, an expert like Malle2luxe will be able to date your Louis Vuitton luggage and unmask fraud.
6 astuces pour dater sa Malle Louis Vuitton : French page
SUIVEZ NOUS !